my americaN modules
Chatteris (NE) - current status (en)
- Kategorie: my americaN modules
- Zuletzt aktualisiert: Mittwoch, 26. Oktober 2016 10:39
- Geschrieben von Michael Homberg
Chatteris (NE) - a FREMO americaN module
This is the page about the current status of Chatteris (NE = Nebraska).
Furter information about Chatteris:
- Details about desing and construction, you get here
- Set ups at americaN meetings, and the steps to the current status, you find here
- Details of current status of Four Oaks are here
Chatteris (NE) is a fictious terminus of a Chicago, Burlington & Quincy Railroad (CB&Q) branch line in the prairie.
The design of Chatteris is based on
- "Charteris, Nebraska, CB&Q: a Stub-End Branchline Terminal on the High Prairie" by Iain Rice, in: Small, Smart & Practical Track Plans, Model Railroader Books, 2000, page 68 to 72
- Photos of Nebraska
- the americaN module "Appaloosa Junction" by Bernd Schneider
Significant freight traffic generator of Chatteris is grain. Grain Silo 1 is shipping three cars a day, Grain Silo 2 even four cars at a FREMO americaN meeting. And this limitation is only to balance freight traffic on the layout, even more cars could be realistic at the harvest peak.
Into the prairie, towards Chatteris, cars are coming with agricultural products, machines, building material, coal, oil and lubricants.
Then, there is passenger traffic. And a small freight house for smaller freight.
Another traffic generator is the interchange track, which can bee used
- for interchange with another railroad,
- or uses as a track towards another freight shipper, for example another grain elevator, or a stock yard, or both.
Layout scheme of Chatteris (NE), and Four Oaks.
Chatteris (NE) and Four Oaks (NE) are designed to be set up combined. But, they can be set up separately if the space, or the layout planning, requires it.
The following photos, the status of Station scheme, and the station data sheet, are with status of May 2016, at the FREMO americaN meeting in Lauffen 2016, Germany
Train crews discussing switching moves at Chatteris.
Weekly Freight Car moves, version BIG (for details: pdf version)
For Chatteris, we habe a BIG and a SMALL version for car movements. The layout planner is deciding what amount of traffic will be best for the layout concept.
Weekly Freight Car moves, version SMALL (for details: pdf version)
Let us start the journey to Chatteris (NE) with an overview.
Front: Chatteris, far in the backgrund: Foar Oaks (NE)
Chatteris overview. Chatteris Depot in the front.
Chatteris Depot in the right corner, Beenman on the right, Grain Elevator II on the left
Beenman on right, Grain Elevator II on left
Beenman at late evenig light
Passenger RDC idling in late evenig light
Grain hoppers at Grain Elevator II
Grain car inside filling shed at Grain Elevator II, Beenman on left
Grain Elevator II on the right
Although Grain Elevator II is the "new one", one can see the yeas which passed by
Moving to Grain Elevator I, the "old one", on the right side
Grain Elevator I, whith she for unloading trucks, but not for loading
Interchange track on right side
Interchage? Yes, this allowes to move all kind of cars, coming and going to "rest of world"
John Winter, merchant of coal, oils and libricants
Looking back from the other side: overview of Chatteris
Four Oaks in foreground, Chatteris in backgrond
Details of Four Oaks (NE) are here.